03 June 2009

I am an accomplished quilter.

And by that, I mean that I've accomplished the task of finishing my first quilt, albeit a small one.  We had to finish a sampler quilt for class that used the blocks that we'd been making.  Two weeks ago we pieced all of the blocks together and did the framing.  Last week we learned how to quilt (I love you walking foot, and soon you shall be mine.  Oh yes.) and bind.  Binding was not fun.  I did say very bad words under my breath.  OK, maybe they weren't under my breath but I was the only one in the room.  But the result is great.  And I feared the hand stitching of the binding to the back.  Up until now, hand stitching was not my thing - you'd agree if you saw the pincushion/sewing caddy that I made - but I learned to do it properly and it really wasn't bad at all.  I think I did a nice job if I do say so myself.  I can actually see myself doing that on a much larger quilt.  And hopefully I will.  Soon.  

Without further adieu, may I introduce you to my first quilt - 
front 

and back

No comments:

Post a Comment