17 September 2011

Beach craftiness

I have problems. I admit it. We came to the beach for a week with Scott's family and I brought six (6!!) projects to work on at the beach - 4 knitting, 2 sewing. Project one was the scarf that I showed on the last blog post almost as soon as we got here. (I worked on it a bunch in the car on the way.) Project two were these little lovelies.
I completed the last of these 91 Kaffe Fassett yo-yos yesterday. These have a purpose but I'm not quite ready to talk about that yet. I still have lots of work to do on it. (By the way, have I mentioned how much I love Kaffe Fassett? I LOVE Kaffe Fassett. It's a new love so it's still pretty fiery.)
Finished project three is this cowl scarf. I started this just before I left for South Africa. It was my plan to have it for the trip, but obviously, that plan didn't quite work out. . . It's super cute and soft and I love it. I picked those yarn colors because they reminded me of a lion's mane. The pattern was found here. It's been finished for weeks but I just had to look up how to do the kitchener stitch again. So easy. And the weather was actually blustery enough here tonight that I was able to wear it out.

I have one last project that I will either wrap up tonight or on the way home tomorrow. I always hate the end of the vacation but I'm looking forward to being able to stretch out in our big king sized bed again. It's tough having the two of us and the two puppies all squished up in a full bed.  Yikes.

xoxoxoxox

1 comment:

  1. Oh those yo-yo's are fantastic. I can't wait to see what you are planning to do with them. I have never made them before but are on my list of things to try.

    ReplyDelete