18 April 2012

Biggest WIP ever!

Along with a few of my quilting BFFs, I'm starting a Charleston, South Carolina branch of the Modern Quilt Guild.

The main guild here in Charleston has about 300 members and for the most part is a bit - how do I put this nicely? - traditional. Not that traditional is a bad thing. We should all know where our roots are and from whence our quilting mamas came. But it's time to shake things up a bit here in the lowcountry. I know modern quilters are out there lurking. I know that they're ordering their Jay McCarroll and Denyse Schmidt fabric online. But ever so slowly, I'm starting to see quilt shops pop up here that offer Rashida Coleman Hale's Washi Tape. Or Echino for heaven's sake! It does my little fabric loving heart so much good.

So it is time friends. Time to pull out those wonky quilts. Time to get crazy with your prints or make a quilt out of all solids. Time to make those reservations to go visit our bloggy quilt pals in Austin next February. Time. I hope I see you all there.

Linking up -
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced
xoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment