18 July 2012

For Trisha

This quilt started out to be something altogether different. I wanted to do the Retro Flowers quilt but realized that making that one in two weeks -  in addition to finishing three other quilts - was never going to happen. In a frenzy, I searched my brain for what else I could make and settled on a good friend, Tula Pink's Field Study.
Instead of solids, this time I made it all in Amy Butler's Lark. I was kind of worried that it might look like a technicolor nightmare but oddly, I think it works. I think it also might be my favorite of the bunch. In fact, there are lots of half square triangles left over from making this that might be made into a quilt for ME!!! I'm really excited to see how that turns out.


The back is mostly a Moda Bella solid. I don't know which one since on the bolt they're only identified by number. The print is also from Amy's Lark line. Love Love Love this quilt. It's another one that I'm sad to see go.

This one was made for Trisha, our camp manager. She's a lovely girl who came to Londolozi from Chicago via Oxford, England and never left. I can't blame her one bit. She's young and gorgeous, the sweetest thing you've ever met, the kids love her and she takes care of every little thing you could possibly need. We adore her.

Ok. Off to bed for me. We're at the hotel in Johannesburg. The hubs is asleep next to me and that's probably what I should be doing as well because we have two more flights ahead of us tomorrow before we get to Bazaruto Island. Happiness.

xoxoxox


2 comments:

  1. Lark is one of my favourite lines! The quilt is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you finished all your quilts - they look great. Have a fun and safe trip.

    ReplyDelete