17 March 2012

Getting to know you. . .

. . . getting to know all about you.

Meet Astrid, my new baby.  She's a Viking Tribute 140C. I think I'm in love.

During the nightmare of having my Bernina serviced, I decided I wanted a backup. You know, an inexpensive machine that would get me through the several weeks long typical service turnaround. Maybe something lighter and easier to travel with than my 19.5lb machine.

Ahem. Throw all that out the window. Astrid was perhaps slightly more expensive than my Bernina. (Thanks to my fairy godmother for making it possible.) She weighs 21lbs according to my scale. But in my opinion totally worth both of those things. So many more features. More stitches, including automatic back-tacking. If the foot is up and I tap the foot pedal, the foot automatically lowers. If I'm in the needle down position and I stop sewing, the foot raises ever so slightly. Two lights. The list goes on and on. But you know the best thing? A full four inches more of harp space. Oh, I can't wait to quilt. And that stack of blocks next to pretty, pretty Astrid? Those will be a quilt top before I go to bed tonight.

Back to it, my peeps. I have pictures of a quilt that I finished more than a week ago that I need to post. I'll do that tomorrow.

xoxoxoxox

1 comment:

  1. My Viking Sapphire 835 is aMAZing--I've gotten to know and love it in the past few months. Enjoy your new baby....Julierose

    ReplyDelete