12 October 2009

Cables! Now if only the weather would cooperate. . .

When I saw this yarn, my first thought was that it would make a great scarf. (To be fair, that's probably my first thought when I see most yarn.) Then I started thinking about what kind of scarf I wanted. I just purged a few scarves that I made but never wore to my friend's new etsy shop. This yarn was so gorgeous that it needed to be something special. And then I knew exactly what I wanted - a scarf with one big fat cable running down the middle. After several not so successful starts, I got rolling on this baby yesterday and all I want to do now is knit, knit, knit.

I'm probably going to have to end up buying another skein (Karin, please don't say I told you so) unless I want this scarf to be just over three feet. I'm the kind of person that likes to wrap every tiny bit of neck in a scarf so I'm not sure three feet is going to be enough. But it is heavy worsted weight wool so the other part of me says that I do live in South Carolina and there might only be two days where I could wear layers and layers of wool around my neck. Dilemmas, dilemmas.

And yes, it is currently 75 degrees here. October, what happened???

xoxoxoxoxoxox

P.S. I'm not sure what happens to my pictures in blogger. This yarn is so much more vibrant than this picture. And oddly, much more red than I initially thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment