01 October 2009

Whirlwind


I told Scott yesterday that I'd like my life to snap back to some degree of normalcy, although I'm not really sure what that is anymore. It seems like I've been running non-stop since July and I'm ready to slow down and start cocooning in. I had to go to Atlanta last week for a last minute packup of my employers' house. It was frustrating and tiring and I was glad to be done. I had a few bright spots of seeing old friends - one I hadn't seen in 12 years! - but most of it was spent with packers. Packing up your own house is frustrating and tear-inducing. Moving someone else's very large house is another matter altogether. But new people were moving in (actually at the same time our movers were still loading the truck) so we had to be out. I'm glad it's over and behind me but I was a little sad to leave the city where I was born. The city that will always be home.

And, to further delay the beginning of the cocoon, my oldest, dearest friend is arriving tomorrow for a week's visit. On Monday, we'll drive up to North Carolina so that she can visit with my boss and his wife. Don't misunderstand - I'm very glad to have her come for a visit but I'd like to pack her up and keep her here with me instead of spending the better portion of two days driving. But the mountains will be beautiful. And most likely cold. At least colder than here at the beach. I might even get to wear my new jacket!!

Hopefully next week I'll have more major progress on the blanket which is still coming along - I'm on skein 9 of 24. . . And I've completed 5 of the 9 squares for my quilt top. WOOHOO!!!

HELLO OCTOBER! I've sure missed you. . .

P.S. The picture at the top is my favourite piece of graffiti in Atlanta. I called him the oogly man. He always made me smile.
xoxoxoxoxox


No comments:

Post a Comment