20 August 2009

An embarrassment of riches

Here I am. 38 years ago today. (At least I'm assuming this was taken the day I was born.) I've been NOT looking forward to this day for a long while now. This is the first year that I've been upset about getting older. 30 came and went with no issue. The prospect of 38 has been worrying me. This weekend I was reading a book and the main character is celebrating her 37th birthday. She describes that as the end of the cute portion of her thirties. Yikes, I thought. I'm one year older than that. But I woke up today. The sun still rose. The earth still turned. And I still had two cute puppies and one cute boy to give me good morning, happy birthday kisses. So now I've decided I'm on the cute side of my forties. So there.

And then the packages and boxes and ribbons and love. I got everything I wanted. Knitting needles, embroidery books, the sweetest necklace, a cute bag and lots and lots of fabric. I got this from my darling mom -
It's by Jay McCarroll. It's so stinkin' fab. I'm not sure what it's going to be yet - maybe a throw? - but I'm insanely in love with it. One of the patterns has little bespectacled fireflies. Or lightning bugs to those of you from the south. And that zig zag pattern sends me over the moon. And the bunnies. Oh the funny bunnies.

And this fabric came from my bunny. This is Del Hi by Valori Wells. It's scrumptious. I want to curl up in it and take a nap, which is precisely what I plan to do. I want to add bits from a few more of the colourways and I think this will be the first quilt that I make for our bed. I love it.

Anyway, happy birthday me!! I'm off to sip prosecco, eat rose flavoured chocolates and watch Project Runway with my adorable little family.

Love you all.
xoxoxoxxoxo

P.S. The evil boy just saw this and said "black and white, huh? They didn't have colour photography back then?" He's in trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment