02 August 2009

Rainy day


Long ago and far away, I spent two and a half happy years in a little town called Half Moon Bay. There was a bowling alley called Sea Bowl in Pacifica where they had a great Sunday morning special - an hour and a half for $15. I called it the Pagan's special. I spent many Sunday mornings there with my brother Will. It was great place to bowl - nice and clean and with huge windows to look out over the Pacific Ocean. Not much better than that. I'm not a good bowler by any stretch of the imagination. If I break 100, I'm ecstatic. But I love bowling. I always have.

We were trying to think of something to do today to get Will out of the house and away from the video games. Rain was in the forecast so the suggested mini golf seemed to be a bad idea. (And it was. It POURED while we were bowling. Welcome to South Carolina. . .) We've seen two movies already this week. What to do, what to do?


Will won the first game, we were all pretty close on the second and Scott killed it on the third. A good time was had by all.
And they even have cool bowling shoes now.

(The ball in the first picture used to belong to Will. It was a gift from his grandparents when he was about 8 years old. He outgrew it long ago and when I heard that he was going to get a new one, I begged for it. I think it needed my name too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment