29 April 2011

Ok. I get it.

Those two little baby balls were me dipping my toes into the hexagon craze. I enjoyed doing them and thought that the results were super cute. Then I saw a bag in the new Stitch magazine. (I'd link to it because I've had the magazine for a few weeks but they're still showing the last issue on their website. STEP IT UP PEOPLE.) And I became obsessed. So I did these 72 hexagons this week. Now I have to sew these together to make my bag. And if I don't hate that whole process, my mind has started spinning on a king sized hexagon quilt. Big hexagons. Not like this crazy person. (Don't get me wrong. I admire the perseverance of a person to make a king sized quilt out of 1/4" hexagons, but I'd like to finish a project in this lifetime. I'm not sure I'd have it in me to make even a pillow cover with 1/4" hexagons.)

I finished the baby blanket I was knitting. Still need to weave in the ends but I'm so uninspired by the finished project that I've been ignoring it. Maybe I'll make myself do it tonight if I can stay awake long enough. Getting up at 4.30am to watch the royal wedding is starting to take its toll. . . .

Good luck Wills & Kate.  You're beautiful and I'm rooting for you!

Happy weekend my peeps!
xoxoxoxox  

No comments:

Post a Comment