21 July 2011

I left my heart

Last night at dinner, one of our group asked that everyone go around the table and use one word to describe the trip so far.  We got "breathtaking", "nature" and the like.  James said "giraffe".  I had a hard time.  There is no one word.  How do you narrow an experience like this down to one word?  So I cheated, but they gave it to me anyway.

Life changing.

No more words other than captions to explain because I can feel myself getting emotional again already and after leaving Londolozi yesterday, I wasn't sure that there were tears left to cry.

xoxoxox

Hyena mother and cub


Hand knitted hat in the wild.  Don't I match the lions in the back nicely??

Lion and lioness couple that we saw mate just a few minutes after this picture was taken

Baboons - not really my jam

Cocktail stop on the evening drive


Cocktail stop when Melvin broke the Land Rover for the second time and we were awaiting rescue

Just a few of the thousands of impala we saw.


A water bridge called Taylor's Crossing

South African traffic jam

This one and the guy below are two of a group of three brothers that we saw several times.  The third boy was being shy.


Sunset with water buffalo

Warthogs!  My new favorite!!!

Female nyala outside our room

Milton and the junior tacker

Wildebeest.  My other favorite!!!


The Londolozi choir performing in celebration of Nelson Mandela's 93rd birthday.

This little guy put on quite a show by standing on his hind legs.



I hoped and prayed that I could add these two to my collection of animals we saw mating, but she was having none of it.

Water buffalo

Two lionesses with four cubs.  They'd just killed a kudu and were having a feast.  I'll spare you those pictures.

Our new Londolozi family, minus Milton the tracker.  I love these guys.  It was the best summer camp EVER.

Hello Cape Town.  I think we'll love you too.



No comments:

Post a Comment